Monday 15 November 2010

It's still on

I am a very bad updater, but to my defence, my other "normal" blog haven't been updated very well either, apart from the occasional "I'm still alive"-posts. And since this is a more defined blog, it feels ridiculous to just update a current word count and call it a day. But I am, in fact, still alive, and I'm still working on NaNoWriMo for all I'm worth. Truth is that I've only come to chapter five, but somehow managed to write 24.000 words. I am a bit frustrated because the story seems to move so much slower because of it, but at the same time I like that I'm, for once, is as detailed as I possibly can without making it far too boring to read.


At the same time I'm thinking about starting the path of a vlogger. I'm a bit infatuated with the whole concept (and a certain vlogger too), and I think that it would be a fun thing to do. But I'm hesitating for five reasons.
  1. I will probably grow bored with it and not update it as often as I should, or take it as seriously either.
  2. I have this dream that I will, one time in my life, be internet popular, and not being so will dampen my mood and having me make a fool of myself, which I don't enjoy very much.
  3. I can't come up with a good name. It's between two or three names, but the ones I really wanted are already taken (and I fucked up the one I actually got - booh!)
  4. Obviously my vlogs would have to be in English for maximum effect, but I don't like to talk English in public, because us Swedes have a very special way of talking English, which I hate and have adapted a fake British accent because of. Obviously me talking fake British and being random is not something people want to see.  
  5. I can't act to save my life. Most vlogs are for some reasons a lot about acting out different scenarios, talking to oneself and having multiple personalities. All of which require acting. I.am.not.an.actor! (Although I would like to be)
So I'm not really sure what to do. But I did get the idea planted in my head and I can't get it out of my head. So while I'm banging away at the keyboard, creating silly words for a silly story that's not about friendship, although it's supposed to be, I keep thinking about it, and about how fun it would be to make friends with some other vloggers and actually keep up with that electronic friendship. But I am way more awkward over the internet than IRL.

And that's all I guess.
Until next time
/Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment