Monday 1 November 2010

It has begun


Two hours and fifty-three minutes ago my November project started. NaNoWriMo begun and I started writing immediately. Thanks to a girl to the NNWM forum I found this new program called Liquid Story Binder and I spent the first hour before the start to make Character Forms to my four main characters, and I'm exploring some things on it. It's really everything a writer can need, built in playlist function, timelines, etcetcetc. It's really amazing.

I admit it, I had some written already so probably a third of the word count was already finished before NNWM started, but it was just a prologue part that I'd scribbled down then the idea came to me, and I liked it so I decided to use it, but I thought I would just stop dead end when the words in my notebook ended, but I just kept writing, and spent nearly three hours doing so. I'm finished with the prologue now and with 3088 words written on the first hours, I'm feeling proud over myself.

The novel is called Friends for never and basically deals with the fragility of friendship. Three friend's loses a mutual friend and vows to be friends forever, but that proves harder than expected when people choose to deal with grief in different ways, and life just moves on. People change and never stay the same.
I chose to write this because I've recently dealt with the trouble myself (and I do get my inspiration from my own life), and I realized how hard friendship is to keep. All it takes is one thing and everything can go away.

Well enough about that, I need a smoke and a bed, in that order and preferably not together.

No comments:

Post a Comment