Friday 15 October 2010

Ownership

Ownership is the fan fiction/novel I'm currently working on, while I wait for NaNoWriMo to start. This is one of my favourite stories my head's ever told me, just because it's so different. It's more or less one of my many babies. Let me tell you about her.

Ownership is, as mentioned, an old fan fiction of mine. I wrote it after my friend Bella (who is also my only reader of this piece, so far), had written a similar story but never got around to finish it, and didn't post it on the McFly boards, which was my hangaround for a long time. So I started working on this, but sadly, I didn't finish it either. The boards got wiped, I lost interest and then just kind of put it in the back of my head for Future Kim to deal with. It was always still there though, and when I was finished with the first draft of Issues, I needed something to do to occupy my graduated arse, so I decided to try and make this into a full lenght novel with characters that wasn't based on a British pop/rock band (although Dougie got to keep his name, just because I didn't find any other name that I liked that suited him, and Jones is also a name I kept).

So far I've written eight chapters, all of which Bella has read through. After eight chapter (it took forever to actually get the eight chapter done, because it required some heave story telling and background search that I hadn't done before), I just kind of stopped for a while. Having gotten back Issues, and somehow ending up on the boards again and writing there, it felt like I didn't have time for it, but today I got it all back. Or some of it anyway. I'm right now sitting and writing the intro for chapter nine, and at the same time trying to come up with all my characters for my NaNoWriMo project.

That's all!
/Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment