Monday 4 October 2010

Editing day

My friend Alex made me this cover. Ain't it cute? :)

I am far too lazy for my own good. If I'm not inspired enough to do something, I just don't do it. Some call it a curse, I call it saving my time, although it's not like I do anything else either. Mostly I just bum around and watch telly, or hang around on Facebook like all the cool kids.

But today I decided that it was time to kick myself in the butt and actually do something about the situation. It's a little less than a month left until Penguin stop taking open query letters, and I still have to perfect my synopsis and my personal letter to them. I'm not usually a big perfectionist when it comes to things, but this is my future and my dream so it has to be absolutely flawless, then rejection won't sting as much cause then at least I'll know that I did my best with this one.

So today, except for helping my brother to get Spotify on his computer, I'll start editing the book for the third time. It's the third draft (feels a bit weird to say it like that...third draft) and this time I'll change things that's not supposed to be in the story anymore, and I'll change one of my characters way of talking, since I want him to sound more cockney.

Ah well, here goes. Wish me luck!

/Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment