Saturday 9 October 2010

Synopsis and query letter

I don't know why I've put this off for so long, I've known about it for about two months, and been so excited over it, but I've just never gotten the chance to actually start writing it. I'm not sure if it's because I'm too unfocused and too lazy, or if it's because I'm afraid. Afraid of rejection, and afraid of approval. This query letter have to be perfect, and the synopsis have to be even more perfect, because it's my future that's on stake. Everyone says that all it takes is one yes, and that's true, but that first no is just scaring me shitless.

But I have now!

Today after work I decided that it was time. I wrote it, edited it and wrote it again, and now I've sent it to Penguin. My fate is in their hands now.

Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best, shall we?

/Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment